- Working as part of a small team of between 2 and 8 people on a 24 hour operational site
- Undertake a shift handover with the colleague coming off shift. Occasional overtime is available and a reasonable level of overtime working to cover absence
- The warehouse operation consists predominantly of transportation of finished goods out of production into the warehouse and loading activities
- Pallets are typically 2.4m wide x 2.4m high x 1.2m deep, and therefore ‘double fork’ FLT handling equipment is used. Records of every product movement, whether transfers from production to warehouse or from warehouse to loading are maintained by FLT drivers.
- Loading is done directly from the warehouse predominantly onto curtain sided trailers or lorries of varying sizes. There is no ‘pre-picking’, so accuracy is critical. There is an occasional need to prepare and load shipping containers for export, which is done observing detailed procedures.
- Quality standard ISO9001, Environmental standard 14001 as well as BBA and LPCB. On a COMAH site.
Education & General Experience:
- A good level of numeracy and literacy is essential - GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English is preferred
- Previous experience of working in an environment certified to ISO9001, ISO14001, BBA, LPCB or similar is preferred
- Experience working with MRP packages such as SAP would be an advantage
- Experience working with various warehouse management systems would be an advantage.
Technical Knowledge / Expertise:
- An FLT licence is essential along with previous experience
- Ability to follow, and/or create work instructions and SOP’s
- Competent working with Microsoft Office packages –‘Word’ and ‘Excel’
- Use of Continuous Improvement tools and techniques – Good Warehouse practices.
- Flexibility is essential – the team relies on each other for seamless delivery of KPI’s in event of skills, holidays, O/T and training shortages
- Focus on KPI’s minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day
- Ability to retain attention to detail for extended periods of time in a busy warehousing and loading environment
- Understand the concept, and deliver the needs and expectations of the Customer (Internal and external)
- Work with facts and data rather than ‘opinion’.
Hours of Work:
- 12 hours Saturday & Sunday 6am-6pm plus 2 x 8 hour shifts in the week on Wednesday and Thursday, rotating 5am-1pm and 1pm-9pm weekly
- £10ph with a potential to increase to £11.32ph after 12 weeks plus 10% shift uplift for all 40 hours (Therefore £11ph and £12.45ph including shift uplift)
- £10.00 per hour - potential to increase after 12 weeks of employment
- 2020-10-07 17:33:50
- Carole Bennett
- 01782 799808